Listed here are typical installation directions for an ONAN 5500 Gas/Diesel/Propane with a 8-pin generator wiring harness.
Note: For action 7 you will have to buy 14-gauge wire that is electrical the run from our ShorePower Monitor to your transfer switch.
Turn-off your generator AC circuit breakers in order to avoid disruption of coast energy solution during installation and evaluation of ShorePower Monitor.
Determine the following 4 cables on your own generator wiring harness.
Make use of label or tape to mark each cable so that you won’t forget which wire is which.
- A – Ground – Brown
- B – Stop – Green
- C – Start – Red
- E – Run – Orange
On a normal ONAN 10-pin wiring harness the cables are labeled from the harness the following
- A – Ground
- C – Begin
- E – Stop
- F – Run
NOTE: The pin connections above are typical ONAN connections. Only a few ONAN generators have actually the exact same generator wiring harness connections as some might have been changed by the dealer or RV maker. Make sure you have actually precisely identified the 4 cables precisely before proceeding with step three.
Connect one Posi-Tap to each of this 4 cables identified in step two.
Result in the connection through the ShorePower track towards the Posi-Taps (wiring harness) depending on the wiring diagram supplied.
- Green cable to E STOP
- Red cable to C START
- Brown cable to A GROUND
- Orange cable to FRUN
Be sure to link the wires that are correct the wiring harness even as we utilize red-colored cables more often than once.
On our installation photo we utilized white cables to extend to your harness because of location of y our product. The closer the installation of our product towards the wiring harness will help you to make use of the provided 4-foot wire size we offer.
- Link the wire that is red the ShorePower Monitor (I3) to a single part for the enable switch utilising the provided Posi-Lock or perhaps a crimp connector.
- Link the 2nd red cable (provided in the zip-lock case) to another region of the switch that is enable. One other end for this wire that is red fundamentally get in touch to your good battery pack terminal.
- Link the red cable from the enable switch additionally the red cable from (L+) regarding the ShorePower Monitor to your +12 VDC (good battery terminal).
- Link the black colored cable (M) from the ShorePower track to ground (any metal in your RV).
Through the ShorePower Monitor Power Converter ( See diagram that is wiring – Transfer Switch Connection):
You will need 14-gauge stranded wire that is electrical the run from our product to your transfer switch.
- Connect (L) on our MeanWell Power Converter to 1 region of the 110 Volts in the transfer switch.
- Link the (N) on our MeanWell Power Converter towards the center connection (common) in the transfer switch
The ShorePower track & the MeanWell Power Converter should both have their green light ON, if all of the wires, such as the cables to your transfer switch, have already been properly linked. .
- To check the machine turn the ENABLE Switch ON and disconnect from coast energy. The green light on the MeanWell is certainly going down and in roughly 20 moments our product will auto-start your generator.
- Let generator run for approximately a moment then re-connect to shore energy and our device will automatically shut-off your generator in more or less seconds that are 10-12. The green light on the MeanWell can come straight back on.
SIGNIFICANT NOTE: Turning the ALLOW CHANGE On or OFF will not impact the green light on the ShorePower track or MeanWell. In the event that ShorePower track is properly link along with coast energy those two light can be on. The ALLOW CHANGE merely allows or disables monitoring.
This is just what a typical set-up will appear to be when it is completed. You will see other consumer installation photos by clicking right right right here.