Wigan 26-8 Castleford: Tigers face anxious wait after Warriors loss

Wigan vs Castleford
Super League
7:45pm Thursday 12th September

DW Stadium

Castleford missed out on the chance to secure their location since Wigan defeat them 26-8 in the DW Stadium.
The Warriors secured second position in the table but for Cas, their season might be finished.
If the Black and Whites beat St Helens on Friday they began with Hull ahead of the last fittings and, as a consequence of this loss, will probably be going on holiday on Monday.
The early strategies of castleford appeared to be to take anything they can and Jamie Ellis kicked a penalty, just for George Williams to respond with an attempt for Wigan.
Ellis had the opportunity to kick off the Tigers in front however he missed with two penalty attempts.
Two tries in the space of three minutes from Zak Hardaker and Joe Greenwood afterward sealed the match for the Oliver and Warriors Gildart inserted a second before Jesse Sene-Lefao found for going in with the knees Oliver Partington red.
Morgan Smithies completed the scoring for the Warriors on.
The Tigers dominated the opening 15 minutes and also took the lead from the ninth with Ellis after Wigan didn’t clean the ruck, slotting over a penalty.
Jake Trueman has been held inches short for Castleford, whereas Paul McShane and Peter Mata’utia both created runs around the center.
Wigan turned defence with Williams stepping beyond Mike McMeeken tackle.
A mistake in Dan Sarginson gave 20 metres from the line of Wigan to Castleford possession and Ellis went agonisingly close to putting his side in front following Trueman’s kick hit the post and bounced back to him , but Hardaker was to clear his lines.
Wigan were finding it difficult to complete their collections of coughing up possession with Romain Navarrete guilty.
Greenwood made a tackle to allow the chance to level the scores to Ellis, but he sent his attempt wide.
He had the opportunity to redeem himself as Wigan led but the article struck.
Two attempts in 3 second-half minutes placed Wigan in complete control of the competition. Hardaker took advantage of a mistake in Greg Minikin to touch down out of his kick. He added the extras.
Seconds Sarginson made a run to put Wigan in a great attacking position, the ball has been sent across to the left and right Greenwood was available to touch down in the corner.
Castleford had chances but they can find no way through Wigan defence.
When Sene-Lefao was shipped off for going in with his knees their job was made even harder.
While Smithies crashed , until Cheyse Blair scored on the hooter for Castleford hardaker extended Wigan’s lead for messing about at the play-the-ball.

Read more here: