If it is published in 2019, or a 10% discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, including the CC-BY Open Access option, if it is published in 2020 if you transfer your manuscript to Journal of the Endocrine Society (JES) after initial submission is declined by JCEM and it is accepted for publication in JES, you can claim a single-use code entitling you to a $500 discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, except for the CC-BY research paper checker Open Access option. To claim a price reduction, write Antoinette P. Wrighton at email@example.com.
Post-Publication Access Policies and Funder Needs
- Articles funded by the National Institutes of wellness (NIH), Wellcome Trust, Howard Hughes healthcare Institute (HHMI), and Canadian Institutes of Health analysis (CIHR) will likely to be submitted to PubMed Central after last issue book and can be manufactured easily obtainable in one year.
- You can find extra US Government Agencies and personal funders that have actually partnerships utilizing the nationwide Library of Medicine to leverage the PubMed Central infrastructure. A summary of these businesses can be located. For particular here is how to adhere to the policies of the funders, be sure to see their sites. Home elevators depositing a paper in PubMed Central in conformity by having a general public access policy.
- Take note that some funders (like the Wellcome Trust and Research Councils UK) may need book under an Open Access permit and subsequent repayment of a charge. Open access costs and book fees are authorized give costs for which writers can look for reimbursement through the Wellcome Trust, Research Councils UK, or funders running under their policies. These articles will retain the language that is following “this really is an Open Access article distributed beneath the regards to the innovative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY; Creative commons site), which allows unrestricted reuse, circulation, and reproduction in virtually any medium, supplied the initial work is precisely cited.”
- In case the manuscript is accepted for book, you’ll be expected during the evidence stage to verify the money way to obtain your paper and also to consent to pay any post-publication that is applicable costs.
- Reimbursement: Although we have been generally struggling to process cancellations, refunds, or returns of Open Access costs after publication, authors searching for reimbursement should contact the principle Publications Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manuscript Preparation Tips and Checklist
Below is just a list for the format that is basic. To learn more, see Editorial Policies. The editorial staff at email@example.com if you have any questions, contact.
Tips on General Preparation of Initial Submissions
- Read the Editorial Policies. NOTE: Endocrine Society journals enable submissions from preprints: see Preprint Repositories and Prior Publication.
- For initial submissions JUST, writers may upload A pdf that is single of distribution files. Nonetheless, if writers decide to upload a .doc type of their manuscript file, the machine should be able to draw out a lot of the metadata immediately, which could speed going through the online distribution kind. Please be aware that no matter which choice writers choose, text, numbers, and tables needs to be uploaded as split files at modification.
- Submit paper in English through the Editorial Manager system.
- Make use of a double-spaced, single-column structure with 1-inch margins.
- Utilize line that is continuous through the entire manuscript. Manuscripts presented without line figures will likely to be came back.
- Paginate the document that is entire.
- Spot all tables and numbers after the recommendations and label each clearly.
- Gather required information before you begin the distribution procedure in Editorial Manager:
- Comprehensive names, organizations, and e-mail details for every writer.
- Publishing authors have to provide an ORCiD when uploading a manuscript.
- Appropriate financing information for every single writer.
- Disclosure information for every writer.
- Names and email details for three suggested reviewers.
- Initial manuscript number if manuscript being submitted once was refused by the log to which its being resubmitted.
- No employment cover letter is required. A text block is supplied throughout the distribution procedure for unique demands.
- Appropriate figure file specs as detailed within the Figure directions have now been followed.
Recommendations on General Preparation of Revised Submissions
- At modification, two variations of one’s manuscript is supposed to be needed: (1) A marked-up copy to be properly used for editor and reviewer purposes that shows all changes designed to the written text, legends, and tables with either highlighting, colored text, or tracked changes and (2) A clean, un-marked content who has all color and mark-up taken out of text, legends, and tables which will be employed by manufacturing, when your manuscript be accepted. Both variations of the manuscript must certanly be prepared in and presented as MS term files.
- Please be aware that apart from one content color that is showing markup, the 2 copies of one’s manuscript should both consist of all revisions and get identical. The copy that is clean include all revisions reflected within the marked-up version, but have actually tracked modifications accepted and highlighting/colored text reverted to black colored and white.
- Utilize constant line numbering throughout both the noticeable manuscript and also the clean manuscript document. Manuscripts presented without line figures are came back.
Authorization to Reproduce or Adapt Figures/Tables
Adjusted and reproduced numbers and tables are allowed just in mini-reviews. Keep in mind that the permissions staff will help the writer with distinguishing the type that is appropriate of to acquire. Whenever determining the status of the figure / dining dining dining table, be sure to use these definitions:
ORIGINAL: in the event that you developed a figure or dining table designed for the work being submitted, this really is an initial with no permissions are needed.
REPRODUCED: then it is reproduced if a figure or table appears in a new publication exactly as it appeared in the original publication. Authorization should be provided by the publisher and attribution towards the source that is original be supplied.
ADAPTED: If a figure or dining dining dining table is adapted, it really is modified from the initial look but nevertheless closely resembles the first. Authorization must certanly be distributed by the publisher and attribution to your source that is original be supplied.
In cases where a figure or dining dining table utilizes elements from another supply, or numerous sources, writers have the effect of determining in the event that figure is “Adapted” or “Transformative”.
Then your reproduction of their data/illustrative elements is a derivative work (or “adaptation”) if you create a figure or table that (1) includes someone else’s previously published data or illustrative elements AND (2) their data/illustrative elements are incorporated into your work to illustrate similar facts or conclusions,. Authorization should be acquired through the owner and a citation to your initial work must be supplied in your figure/table legend.
Then your usage could be “transformative. in case the usage of somebody else’s previously posted information or illustrative elements in your figure or dining table goes past merely adjusting their act as described above,” if you were to think the job is transformative, you might not need certainly to get authorization, you do have to supply a citation.
To be transformative, your usage should include one thing uniquely not used to the root data/illustrative elements or provide an alternate function, function, or character compared to the work that is original. One element to take into account is whether or not the brand new work will remain competitive with or as supplanting the demand for the initial. Transformative works aren’t often competitive aided by the work that is original. If you think your usage is transformative, you’ll want to look for guidance from your own appropriate institutional officers to look for the appropriate status of this numbers and tables you consist of along with your presented manuscript and supply the right language within the figure/table legend.
As such and make a clear statement (citation) in the figure/table legend about the source of the data if you determine your work is “transformative” and does not require permission from the owner, you must certify it. It is necessary that certain situations be obviously examined by the writers and in case needed, the institution(s) accountable for the task submitted by the authors. Writers must certanly be ready to offer the editorial workplace with documents showing the initial figure or dining table and explaining the transformative nature associated with the work that is new.